Saturday, July 26, 2008

THE GARDEN OF EVIL by David Hewson (Delacorte Press)

The back copy on the advanced reader's copy reeled me in: "Looming over the corpses is a haunting Caravaggio masterpiece…" What an opportunity for me—a modern thriller set in Rome with an opportunity to learn more about one of my favorite painters. 

A grisly murder scene leads Detective Nic Costa into a chase he'd much rather not make, one that leads to personal tragedy, to having to work outside police confines, and to confronting a society of wealthy aristocracy who have plunged into depravity. The Caravaggio painting is central to finding the answers to all Nic's questions. 

I found myself carrying this book with me from room to room until I'd finished!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi
http://www.loveinactioninc.com/ - generic levitra
It lowers one?s self-esteem and at times, can lead to more unexpected circumstances.
[url=http://www.loveinactioninc.com/]generic levitra online[/url]
It lowers one?s self-esteem and at times, can lead to more unexpected circumstances.
buy levitra
Other side effects are normally short-lived and mild and die away away as the body adjusts to the medication.